I am unapologetically OBSESSED with liquid lipsticks. From mattes to glosses to clear finishes, it’s become evident that I am a hoarder of every liquid lipstick that I can get my hands on. I’ve never been much of a fan for pink or orange tinted lipsticks as I don’t think they look good on my olive toned, Eastern European skin, so nudes, reds and berry tones have been the staples in my beauty bag. Below you can check out my ride-or-die lip colours.
* NYX – Lip lingerie in Pushup & Bedtimeflirt: These are my go-to inexpensive matte nude lip colours, and they retail for ONLY $10 CAD. Their colour and lightweight wear makes for the perfect, inexpensive retail purchase. I own majority of this line of products and NYX never fails to impress me with the quality of their products.
* Stila – Stay all day liquid lipstick in Paradiso (cranberry) & Rubino (deep red): These products retail for $30 CAD, but the increase in price from the NYX line is definitely worth it if you’re looking for a lip colour that won’t transfer.
* Kylie – Matte liquid lipstick in Angel (mauvy pink): The more expensive of the bunch retails for $23 CAD.
* Smashbox – Always on liquid lipstick in Stepping out (deep nude): This is my absolute favourite lip colour! It retails for $32 CAD but let me tell you how blessed you’ll be when you put this lip colour on your lips. The colours that Smashbox offers are absolutely show stopping colours that never transfer or smudge and I honestly wear this lip colour almost every day. It is a little bit darker than the colour of my lips, adding a subtle pop to my complexion, but isn’t overkill. Smashbox has 45 different matte shades from bolds, to nudes, pinks, berries and reds that there’s a stunner for everyone no matter what your go-to colour combo is.
* Fenty beauty – Gloss bomb universal lip luminizer in Fenty glow (shimmering rose nude) & Fu$$y (shimmering pink): Retailing for $34 CAD, these are definitely my go-to high gloss finishes as they both moisturize your lips while wearing them and both smell and taste amazing. I don’t know about you, but to me, nothing is worse than accidentally eating my lip gloss and having a horrible taste in my mouth for almost an hour after. This product also has over 3,000 five star reviews on Sephora, so you know it’s is a crowd favorite.
* Glossier – Lip gloss in holographic. Second runner-up for my fave gloss is definitely this one. Glossier’s lip gloss ingredients feature Vitamin E and Jojoba Oil which help keep lips cushiony soft and moisturized and are ABSOLUTELY STICK FREE. Yaaaas I said it, your hair won’t inconveniently stick to this formula, which makes this product the holy grail of lip glosses. Retailing for $23 CAD, this will 100% be a guilt free purchase.
* NYX – Butter gloss in Creme brulee. Retailing for only $5 CAD, this product takes the win for best overall inexpensive lip gloss. NYX created a formula that is almost complete weightless (like a lip oil), while still offering long-lasting colour and gloss.
* Urban decay – Hi-Fi Shine Ultra Cushion Lip Gloss in Goldmine (gold finish). This product has an absolutely gorgeous finish and adds a high gloss, glam glow to any look! retailing for $34 CAD, this is a more expensive, but incredibly stunning must-have!
* Fenty beauty – Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer in Glass slipper (clear). I already gushed about how much I love fenty beauty gloss bombs, but if you want to add some pop on top of a matte lipstick, this is definitely the one you should use to add some glam to your look! Again, it retails for $34 CAD.
* Mac cosmetics – Lipglass in Clear: Retailing for $21 CAD this is a simple, yet elegant gloss for some added va va voom! ♡